Saturday, November 22, 2008

A Night Out with Old Friends

Ok, not that they are old, I've just known them for a long time.  I can't believe I can say I have known them for nearly 20 years!  Wow, that time went by fast.  It's actually only 16, but who's counting :)  Yep, met most of them when I was 15 years old.

We had a good time.  We went down to a nice place at the beach called Firehouse (it's next door to the Pacific Beach Fire Station).  We decided it was just getting too cramped and uncomfortable for $5 beers, so we went to the dive bar a few bars down that my buddy Brian (the one in the collared blue shirt) used to frequent regularly when he lived down in that area.  Brian was my male wing man when we would head out in my single years ;)

The guys shot some pool at Open Bar and Natalie and I played MegaXL, one of those touch screen bar video games.  I hadn't played in years!  I think the last time I played was when I was a bartender.

After that we decided to start making our way back home.  We wanted to go to a place that was close to the house, so we went to our usual place, The Irish Pub.  It's about a 10 minute walk(...or should I say stumble) from my house.  

I was the DD, so just had a beer early on in the evening.  After my last little jaunt, I wasn't going to take any chances, I volunteered to drive!  But wouldn't you know it, I still had a headache in the morning.  Guess I just don't process alcohol well.  Good thing I only drink about once every two to four months.

We had a great time.  It had been years since we had all hung out together at the same time, so it was nice to catch up.  

Natalie, Matt, Brian & Steve

Natalie and Shanna at Open Bar

3 comments:

Mama Skates said...

glad u got out! u look hot! love ur necklace!

JSmith5780 said...

I hear ya... drinking once every 2-4 months is enough for me! Which is quite shocking considereing how much I drank in college!

Danielle said...

I totally need to find some friends! *wink*