Sunday, March 8, 2009

Twilight, what's your opinion?


Ok, so I know I'm a little old, but I have become a Twilight junkie.  I am dying to see the new movie and read all the books.  I went to a Twilight party in January and I was ashamed to say that at the time, I had not read the books or seen the movie.

I think what I find most amusing is what we (meaning most people) find to be romantic about the story.  To any of those that have seen the movie or read the book, the main characters Edward & Bella, share what we in reality would consider "obsessive behaviors", not love.  Yet, I am strangely moved by it and find it romantic.  I guess it's the reason that it's so entertaining.  It couldn't be farther from reality ;)  If Bella were my friend in real life, I would say WTH?  Call the cops on that psycho and get a restraining order, but as fantasy it works.  Kind of funny that way?  My only question is does it teach it's impressionable young viewers/readers that that type of behavior in a relationship is normal?  Or is it total fantasy because he is a vampire? Now that I have a daughter, I find myself analyzing stuff like that a little more.  What's your opinion?  

No comments: