Thursday, March 27, 2008

Spellman's Magical Spectacular

We had a great time at Spellman's Magical Spectacular. We went to Rubio's for dinner for some tacos before heading over. They had a Round Table Pizza stand there and Mowie Wowie smoothies and coffee, but I decided it would be best not to fuss with trying to lap feed the children. It was hard enough for me to get all the kids, lawn chair, double stroller and blanket set up by myself, so we left early and went to a sit down din din. Mark skipped out on the show, since he is still getting over his cold.

We met Acho and Brianne there (Javi's dad and other mama). It was nice to get to hang out with them. They are a great help, especially when I have the whole heard with me :) Ethan calls Acho "Aita" (Basque for dad, pronounced 'eye-ta') also. I don't think he knows that isn't his name. Whenever he comes to pick up Javi, Ethan always says "Hi Aita". Acho just goes with it and usually laughs. They are just like extended family and I am glad that we are all able to hang out together.

It was a little chilly being out on the blacktop. The show ran a little late, so we took off before it was over. The little ones were not going to make it until the end. Javi stayed with his Aita and Brianne.

We did take a couple pics and I posted them to Flickr. You can click on the Flickr badge I just added to see the pics, but here is one of them. There's a couple cute ones of the boys. Glad the kids had a good time.

2 comments:

Danielle said...

So my hubby is now calling my kiddos little popo bawas!

We both laugh about it! We wish we were in TZ cause the lady that helped in the house w/the kids...she was SO easy to scare and we'd love to tease her about it! Jonathan says he wishes he could ask her just once "Je, Bibi Mary yule popo bawa amefika jioni jana?" Just showin' off my Swahili so you know I REALLY did live in TZ! :O)

Anyway...thinkin' of you today. It's weird how you can make friends who live SO far away and yet think about them SO often!

...danielle

Looks like you guys had a fun weekend!

I've been SO busy. All day running to & from docs appointments. Ugh!

Shanna Grimes said...

I'm impressed! I could barely read Swahili, let alone speak it.

I have been thinking about you guys too. We have just had a lot going on the last few days. Nothing major, just had some projects around the house. I've been 'Mom the Builder'. I meant to post a pic of me working on the floor, but never got around to it.

Can't believe Trev is ONE!! Have a wonderful day!