Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Down and out...

It's been a rough week for Kaylee.  Her two bottom teeth are coming in, so she has been absolutely miserable.  Today, she went all day with out taking a nap, not even for five minutes, UGH!!!  She cried and cried and cried!  If she wasn't crying, she was on the boob juice or I was holding her.  If I even motioned to put her down, she cried and half the time, if I tried to even sit while I was holding her she cried!  She finally went down a couple of hours ago, but she has woken up twice.  

For a while there, I felt like we were on ACTH all over again, only worse because today's cries were actual "pain cries", not "I'm grumpy cries".  Isn't it funny how a mother always knows her baby's cries?  I resorted to driving the kids around in the car to try to get her to sleep.  With gas prices these days and my SUV, those teeth better come in soon!!  She did manage to sleep for about 20 minutes after we drove around for nearly 20 minutes, so the break was short lived, but it was nice while it lasted.  I think I will try that trick that was in that movie Collateral, where Jamie Foxx kept a picture of an isle of paradise on the sun visor of his cab, so he could go on vacation when ever he wanted.  Here is my paradise:


Ahh...welcome back!

Here is a dose of my reality, the dreaded playroom off the living room (heh, see my exercise machine, still in the box.  Those credit card rewards sure went to good use:)




On top of all that, the boys were not getting along.  Ethan was having a "bossy, no share day" and Javi was having another "I don't want to do my math homework" nights.  It took us an hour and 45 minutes to get through one worksheet with about 15 problems.  There was Kaylee on the boob, while I was explaining carrying the number to the ten's column to Javi for what seems like the millionth time.  We did get through it, but not in time to use his "Wii bucks" to play Wii before his dad arrived to pick him up, so that was another freak out.  When Javi is hell bent on playing Wii, it is like trying to talk down a jumper.  I think I missed my calling, with all my experience with defusing tantrums, I could be in hostage crisis management. We were doing breathing exercises, counting to ten and breathing with each number, which usually the first few numbers are more of projectile saliva (sorry to be gross), than breathing.  Countless reminding of "making good choices today, so we can play tomorrow".  We have been trying to use more natural consequences for those types of situations to control "behaviors" rather than time-outs.  Time outs are currently not recommended by ABA, but we still use them for certain situations. Anyway, just one of those days in the G-funk family. Fortunately, it's not like that every day. Speak of the little devilette, she is up and crying again!

2 comments:

Danielle said...

LOL...I'm SO relating! Bristel has been such a bear...she didn't have any jealousy-issues until Trev was dx! Now it's all come to a head! Ugh!
And who knew kids could learn so young how to bossy & ugly!? Sheesh!
Anyway...it was a beautiful day here today (altho snow is in the forecase - again!) so I bundled up the littler ones...and headed to the beach. For real! It was really really nice...
Now if I could just sleep...UGH!
Anyway...here's to a better week for the pair of us!
...danielle

Shanna Grimes said...

End of the week has been a little better than the beginning. I have been in the kitchen all day doing my thing, so that usually makes me happy. I love to cook, but I hate to make a mess in the kitchen and have to clean it up!! We had my sis and her hub for dinner. Made enchi's from scratch. I made the sauce, pressure cooked the meat, homemade salsa, homemade refried beans (with the secret ingredient of all mex cooking, bacon drippings). Also made a lemon chiffon pie, not my fav (I'm not big on pie), but my sis brought lemons off her tree so I thought I would give it a go. My stomach is paying for all that stuff though. That meal was a definite gut gouger.

Sorry to hear about your rough day with Dr. Neuro. I think the spa treatment is a good idea.

-S