Sunday, October 26, 2008

Javi's Halloween Haunt

We had fun at Sea Scare at the Cabrillo Beach Marine Museum near my mom's house in San Pedro.  We went with my Aunt Marcy.  

Javi and Marcy with Pennywise the Clown

The Zombie Meat Packer Company

Making a lantern fish with glow in the dark paint.

At the entrance to Port Town the ghost Pirate Town.

It was cute.  I have to admit, being at that beach at night was a little erie.  They have scary old trees and you can just feel the thickness in the air.  It's an old fisherman's town and the Port of Los Angles.  All the movies that you see in Hollywood that have the port of LA, that's San Pedro.  I have a lot of memories there.  I actually used to take field trips to the marine museum in elementary school when I was Javi's age.  

We just took Javi, since we thought it would be too scary for the little ones and they had already gone to sleep, since we had a long day of moving.

We had a nice visit with the family and did manage to get a good amount of stuff done even though I had all three kids in tow most of the weekend.  I did manage to escape and get some of the moving with only Ethan with me.  My mom is almost moved out.  There are only a few things left at the apartment and my mom can handle the rest on her own.  

I'm glad that we could go up there and help out, even if we aren't that much help.  We do what we can, but it's tough with all three kiddos.

2 comments:

Danielle said...

It is a super busy season of life...with having little ones at the ages our's are. There have been so many times I've wished I could do more...help more...go places more. But this is my life! My crazy crazy life! lol I'm glad you were able to help your mom a little at least. And spend some time with just Javi. Sea Scare looked pretty creepy! We're taking our kiddos to the local McDonald's thingie tonight...and then I heard Toys r Us is having a costume parade on Friday which sounded fun!

Anyway...

...danielle

Mama Skates said...

looks like fun! :0)