Friday, August 15, 2008

His father's son...and weekend agenda

Mom: What are you doing honey?
Ethan: I'm getting ready. (As he is packing up the "trunk" in Kaylee's princess car)
Mom: What are you getting ready for?
Ethan: I'm going to work.
Mom: Are you pretending to be daddy?
Ethan: Yep, I gotta go. See ya later Mommykins!  Have a great day! (Then he drives away blowing me kisses from the princess car.  Mind you, he is only wearing a t-shirt and underoos, so it was too darn funny)

What makes this even funnier is, it's exactly what Mark says before he walks out the door everyday.

Kids are such a crack up!! LOL

This weekend's agenda:

My friend Carrie is coming over for dinner tonight.  We are going to make meatless tacos (she is a vegan and in to the natural stuff too.  It's nice to have an ally:)  She is way more extreme than us though), beans and rice.  We are going to make some fresh salsa with the tomatoes my neighbor grew (they felt guilty that they picked our plums, so they brought us stuff from their garden) and the peppers my uncle grew in their garden.  I also made some healthy rice crispy treats for our kids.  Recipe below.  No hydrogenated oils or high fructose corn syrup!

Tomorrow, I think we will go to the farmer's market and then go on the train park to take a ride.  Our usual Saturday :)  I had planned to take the boys to go see the new Star Wars cartoon movie, but I thought it would be a nice outing for Ethan and Daddy to do without the girls.  What do you think, honey?  Then I can get some stuff done around the house.  I know our little daddy's boy would love a solo trip to see his favorite geek flick.

Sunday, maybe a picnic at the winery?  We haven't been there in a while and I have been craving some wine and cheese.  Don't know, maybe we will just bum around the house.


RECIPE FOR PEANUT BUTTER BROWN RICE CRISPY SQUARES:

1tbsp Earth Balace Vegan Shortening
1/3c Agave Nectar (natural sweetener, similar to honey, has a low glycemic index)
1/2c Brown Sugar
1c Natural Peanut Butter
2c Barbara's Puffed Brown Rice Organic Cereal

Heat the shortening, agave nectar and the brown sugar in a large sauce pan over medium heat until all the sugar is melted with out any lumps, stirring constantly.  Then add the peanut butter and heat until it melts into a thick, but smooth sauce.  Remove from heat.  Then pour in about half of the brown rice cereal and stir with a wooden or silicon spoon.  When the first lot of cereal is mixed in well, add the rest of the cereal.  

Line a 13x9" pan with wax or parchment paper and dump the mixture in.  Take another piece of wax or parchment and flatten out the mixture until it covers the pan.  Refrigerate for about two hours and then cut with a pizza cutter in to bars.  Enjoy!





No comments: