Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Cake Trials (cont)

Well, I finished one cake. Didn't come out that great, it was just a simple cake, but I am not the best at working with buttercream. It could have used a bit more powdered sugar, since it was just a little too soft, but I ran out of sugar :( Posted the picks to Flickr.

Further makes me realize that while I enjoy making cakes, I will probably never be great at it. It's fun and it tastes good, which is equally important...at least that's what I keep telling myself :^P Thanks for the recipes Sharon! You are right, I will never go back to using the Wilton prepackage stuff!!

3 comments:

Mama Skates said...

i HATE it when i run out of something right in the middle of working! and u're right - it IS as equally important that it taste good! people don't want a pretty cake if it tastes like cardboard...that's the one thing that i hear most - that my cakes not only look good, but they taste awesome too...that makes me smile! u're most welcome for the recipes - i'm glad i was able to convert you to good 'ol MMF (wilton fondant sux!)! teehee

Jonathan said...

I'm back from the dead! *grin* It's amazing what 24 hrs of anti-biotics can do to a girl...cause I swear I was SO tempted to just curl up & die yesturday!

Your cake looks fab! Way better than anything I can do...trust me. I have zero patience and my cakes are always lopsided.

And btw...it's totally about how good it tastes anyway!

...danielle

Mama Skates said...

duh, i kept waiting for u to post a pic, then saw danielle's comment and figured out u put it on flickr....i think it looks great! love the fluffy BC pic - u know, i have one lady that orders just tubs of that to eat on graham crackers! ack!