Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Schedule Management

Ok, so I know I have posted about this before, but I feel like it's important to keep your life in order. Although, I wish I could train my schedule to complete itself or add things to it at the speed of thought. I really don't know what I would do with out it.

With three children with special needs, needless to say there are quite a few things to schedule and keep on top of. Here is my schedule for May.



I have multiple calendars, hence multiple colors on the cal that track different items. Javi has his own calendar that is published to his website, I have a Family calendar that is shared with Mark, I have a bills calendar with all the due dates for bills, I have a national holiday's calendar, birthday calendar and one that we fortunately haven't used in ages, Kaylee's Seizure Calendar that I used to track her sz's with.

I border something between organized and anally retentive. I really wish our house was just as organized as our schedules, but three kids under seven, special needs, lots to do equals less than perfect house. My biggest problem is laundry. I have a repetitive task that pops up everyday in Things, but for the life of me I just can't get in to the everyday habit. I know if I just did it every morning right when I get up and put it away for 10 minutes right when I get home from taking the kids it would never pile up. But it's my least favorite activity, so if any item in my things to do list gets dropped, it's usually laundry. As long as we all have clean clothes to wear, we make due.



I also have an iPhone that beeps and warns me when I have a scheduled event and I also have daily clock alarms that are set for picking Javi up from the bus stop and my weekend and weekday wake up alarms. I used to have them set for Kaylee's meds, but now that she takes one drug twice a day, I can manage that now that it's a habit.

Tonight is Parent Education Night. I really look forward to these events, not only because it's one of the few places I go by myself, but because I get to learn new techniques and interface with other parents (that whole misery loves company thing). I have been thinking of starting a support group for ASD parents of poway unified, but just haven't gotten around to organizing it. Maybe by the next parent education night I will have something put together. We'll see...

1 comment:

Mama Skates said...

WOW! will u come to the east coast & organize my life?! ~lol~ u amaze me with those calendars!