Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Best Garlic Bread Ever!

Here's the recipe:

Take a good loaf of hearty country bread. I like to use ciabatta bread. Split the bread in half, so that you can spread the garlic mix on the bread.

In a medium size bowl, mix:

1/4-1/3 cup of light mayonnaise

1 heaping tsp of minced garlic (I like roasted organic garlic)

3 tbsp of fresh grated parmesan cheese


Spread liberal amounts of the spread on the bread and bake in a 375° oven on a cookie sheet for 10-15 minutes.



I find that eating very aromatic food when you are stuffy, not only opens up the nasal passages, but it also allows you to taste your food! I find that using mayo is way more flavorful than using butter, plus it stays fluffy on the bread, instead of sinking in to the bread completely and making a greasy mess.

3 comments:

Mama Skates said...

wow - would have never thought of using mayo....will have to try this

JSmith5780 said...

I would love to try this, but my husband has an aversion to mayo. Actually he has an aversion to all foods WHITE... bizarre, I know. Maybe I'll try it for myself sometime.

Shanna Grimes said...

Yeah, the mayo gives it mad flavor. I am a mayo hater actually, but it does taste great on garlic bread. Actually, you can't tell it's mayo once you mix it with the garlic and parm.