Thursday, February 21, 2008

Sick of Sick

We have had a slew of illnesses flying through our house in the last two weeks.  Poor little Ethan had a triple whammy this week, pink eye, ear infection and chest cold.  Ah, the joys of the first few months of preschool!  We went through it with Javi for what seemed like a year.  Javi brings home every bacteria and virus west of the Mississipi to this day.  When will it ever end!!  I feel like our house is a petrie dish being grown for some kind of gross experiment.  

Fortunately, by the grace of god and a benevolent school teacher (who obviously got tired being sick) invented Airborne.  I have been drinking this epervesant  miracle by the gallon on a daily basis for the last five days.  I am hoping that I will not OD.

Tomorrow we go for Ethan's well check, but he is by no means well.  The pink eye has cleared in one eye, but moved on to the next eye.  The chest cold is sounding much worse and we have to add upset stomach to that list as well.  Ethan has had the big D in his BM's.  Yuk!!  Because of the big D, he is now suffering with a nasty case of diaper rash.  This poor kid is just getting smacked down six ways from Sunday, but he still greets me with his cute little "Hi Mommy" every morning in his little froggy voice.  Too cute!!

2 comments:

Danielle said...

Hey Shanna -
I'm SO glad you gave me a link to this! Love it!
Every time I see a package of the Airborne...I've paused...but never bought. Does it really work??
We've all had the rounds...altho everybody has something different! Ugh!
Here's (glass of oj in hand) to health & happiness for you guys!

...danielle

Shanna Grimes said...

Thanks, still trying to figure out all the capabilities and how I should tie it in to Kay's site. There are a few different options, so just not sure which direction I should go in.

I definitely love the Airborne. Tipping a glass of the bubbly (Airborne, that is) to your health, happiness and a wonderful birthday! I hope you and your hubby have a great time tonight. Wish I could get away from the kids for a couple hours. I am going stir crazy with them out of school and cooped up with the sickness ;)

Happy-B-Day!!
-Shanna